APF Privacy Statement
The APF collects data relating to Exhibitions, Exhibitors and their Exhibition results for use in managing the judging of exhibits and the promotion of exhibitions.
Download a copy of our Privacy Statement APF Privacy Statement 14.9.23 or read the details below:
Privacy Statement – Australian Philatelic Federation (APF)
At the APF we highly value the privacy and security of our users. This privacy statement describes how we protect the Exhibition Data collected and processed by our organization. We are committed to complying with applicable data protection laws and safeguarding your information. Please read this statement carefully to understand how your data is handled.
1. Information Collection: We collect data from the Exhibition Entry forms that you submit to APF-supported Philatelic exhibitions and from the exhibition results provided by exhibition committees. We may collect and process the following data related to Philatelic Exhibition Results:
· Names and contact information of exhibitors and judges
· Details of exhibits, exhibitions and exhibition results
2. Purpose of Data Processing: The exhibition Data is collected and processed for the following purposes:
· Organizing and managing philatelic exhibitions within Australia
· Displaying exhibitor details and exhibition results including on websites and in exhibition catalogues and Palmares documents
· Providing various forms used to manage exhibitions such as judging sheets and exhibitor critiques
· Providing lists of exhibitors to APF-endorsed exhibition committees
· Providing exhibitor contact details to promote and advertise approved exhibitions
· Statistical analysis for research and development
3. Data Storage and Security: We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Stamp Exhibition Results Data from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
· All data is stored on secure servers with restricted access and protected by industry-standard encryption and security protocols.
· Data Sharing: We do not sell, rent, or lease your Stamp Exhibition Results Data to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may share the data with trusted exhibition committees who assist us in operating our services.
· We take reasonable steps to ensure your data is up-to-date and accurate.
· User Control and Preferences: As a user, you have control over your data. You can request access to your Stamp Exhibition Results Data and ask us to rectify any inaccuracies. We will provide you with the data we hold on you if you request this. Please contact our designated database manager to exercise these rights.
· Retention Period: We retain Stamp Exhibition Results Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this privacy statement.
· Your street and suburb details are encrypted and cannot be read in the event of unauthorised download of the database.
4. Updates to Privacy Statement: We may update this privacy statement from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or applicable laws. The revised version will be posted on our website with the effective date. We encourage you to review this statement periodically to stay informed about how we protect your data.
Contact Information: If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding the privacy of your Stamp Exhibition Results Data, please contact our database manager c/- The Australian Philatelic Federation
By participating in our Stamp Exhibitions, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this privacy statement and agree to the collection and processing of your Exhibition Results Data as described.
The APF does not collect sensitive information or receive unsolicited data about exhibitors or judges.
Information about the APF can be found on our website at https://apf.org.au
Version as at 14.Sept 2023